Saturday, November 17, 2012

Word Clouds

I really liked how wordle is described on their website,  "Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends."

I did enjoy using this "toy" a lot as part of the assignment.

                  What I did

I  created a word cloud  from the NETS T Standard for 2000 and for 2008. As a future secondary math teacher I also created  a word cloud using the Virginia Algebra 1 SOL which will be very helpful for my students.


To view my 2000 wordle please click here 


To view my 2008 wordle please click here


To view my Algebra 1 SOL wordle please click here





NETS T 2000





NETS T 2008


ALGEBRA 1 SOL



              What I learned


One of the interesting things I found  about Wordle is that,the sizing  of the words is directly proportional to the number of times the word appears in the text (word count).

This leads me to conclude that the NETS T Standard for 2000 was mainly focused on the use of Technology whereas the  NETS T Standard for 2008 emphasized on Learning by both students and teachers.





No comments:

Post a Comment