Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Google Sites




Google Sites  is a completely online-based tool that allows you to create a simple or extensive web site. With a few clicks, you can create multiple pages, embed rich content, and even allow others (including students) to add and collaborate on content.


This web site creation tool is one of the simplest available and one of the most flexible. You can create a complex hierarchy of content, include multiple preps on a single site, upload files, and even make blog-like announcements. Additionally it brings together all of the other great Google tools - letting you easily embed Google Docs, Calendar, Picasa albums, and much more.

    What I did
This week I created a Google Site using my SU email account.This is something I will definitely use in future as a classroom teacher to not only communicate with my students but with their parents as well.

I added some information about myself, the best way to contact me, Rubrics for the class to help students stay on task,  as well as my Resume.

This assignment is in line with the ISTE-NETS-T Standards  3-a,b,and c which states : "Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society."

 Teachers:

a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations

b. collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student successand innovation

c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.

To access my account please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment