Sunday, October 28, 2012

Excel

Microsoft Excel is a commercial spreadsheet application written and distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications.

Excel can be used for storing, organizing and manipulating data.

             What I did
For this assignment,I visited the NCES site to assess and analyze the data on state comparisons to see how my state (Virginia) is faring in the educational landscape.

After looking at the data,I exported it to my computer and then followed the steps provided by my instructor to install the "Data Analysis Tool Pack In Excel".
My Data Analysis included a Descriptive Statistics,this really helped me to get a clear picture or idea of how well my state is doing.

After sorting the data I realized that Virginia is doing quite well in the educational landscape we are well within the first 10 states in most  rankings.In the 2011 reading scores for 4th grades, we were ranked 9th with only 8 states above us and 41 states below us.

To view the descriptive Statistics please click here
To view my states position  please click here
To  view a scatter plot of the data please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment